Arrington, Magna or ProCharger

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Devildawg, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Devildawg

Devildawg Member

Willow Street, PA [Originally from Cleveland, OH]
    I am researching all three of these Superchargers for my car. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of these and why you picked one versus another. I'm just starting my research and with the dollars involved here I want to make sure I select the right one for me. Thanks in advance for everyone's help and input.
    Has anyone installed one of these themselves? I've read some of the install directions for the ProCharger and it looks like a job I can handle with a little help.

2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

A friend of mine has a ProCharger on his 300. He had a P1 head unit. It had some trouble and ProCharger recommended going with the D1 head unit. Start there for ProCharger. Arrington's is in Martinsville, VA. Only about an hour from where I live. Their reputation is awesome. I have a friend with a Daytona Charger who lives in Tampa, FL and only has Arrington's do his work. He is very happy with everything they do. If I had the money, I would go with Arrington's. That is my option. Good luck with your research and choice.

3. 3boystoys

3boystoys Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. RT_6Speed

RT_6Speed Full Access Member

I went the Magnuson router for a couple reason, first I've always wanted a roots style sitting on top of the engine blower, and 2nd because I couldn't get anyone to commit to tuning a 6 speed 5.7. I found several pages that say they will but when I inquired turned out not so much. If I had bought an SRT I would have most likely went with a Kenne Bell.

ProChargers are good, and make great power. Also think the ProCharger is a little easier to drive on the street and doesn't have some of the issue you get with a positive displacement like the Magnuson/Kenne Bell/Edelbrock. Power wise any of them will let you blow off the tires at anything below 35-40 mph.

5. skellin

skellin Member

4381 N. Dixie Hwy Deerfield Beach, FL 33064
    supercharger - any device that forces air into the motor. driven off the motor by belts. this is a general term for many types, styles, etc.

magnacharger - positive displacement s/c manufactured by magnason.

procharger - centrifigal s/c (like a belt driven turbo) that is manufactured by the company Procharger.