Scratches on back of seat

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by curtspivey, Nov 22, 2015.

1. curtspivey

curtspivey Member

Occasionally the grandkids will ride in the back seat. And they will kick the plastic around the bottom of the seat. Any secret to getting those scratches out? I now have seat protectors installed and the little buggers no longer can hit them. I thought about trying to lightly sand the scratches out. But once you start down that road, there is no turning back!

2. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Wait till they grow out of that stage and replace them cause I don't think there is a way to
    clean that up.

3. challengerone

challengerone Active Member

Certainly only temporary but on most plastics especially the tough types on seat supports & for interior door scratches etc. apply a small amount of vaseline on a clean rag & work into the scratched area. It does make the area look better for a few months and extends the time before your ready to replace.

4. 68383

68383 Active Member

The secret- kids aren't allowed to wear shoes in the car!

5. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

I agree there are a few ways to hide the scratches temporarily. Mothers Back to Black also works.

6. curtspivey

curtspivey Member

I'll have to give "Back to Black" a shot. I haven't priced out the pieces but I'm guessing they are a little on the expensive side! The kids really aren't really being careless. They just have a tendency to push them selves back into their seat because their legs are short.