3M Spray

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Jun 7, 2013.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Has anyone tried the new 3M Paint Defender spray? It is supposed to prevent rock chips and last for one year. If it works, it may be the alternative to ugly mudflaps.

3M Auto: Products for People Who Love Cars

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    Clazar likes this.
  2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

That looks like a good product, but I would like to hear some of the things people who have used it have to say. What is the cost for the whole package?

Clazar likes this.
  3. REDPEARL

REDPEARL Member

armorall has some also with diff. colors to choose from, you can get it at walmart for $13

Clazar likes this.
  4. oknahs

oknahs Member

3M Invisible Bra

My daughter wanted a permanent solution to front side and rear chips so she got a 3M invisible bra and qtrs. and rear bumper installed. She has a blue with silver stripe Challenger 392 and you can hardly see it. The 3M film is 8mm thick and so far after last season not a scratch. The package from a local shop installed cost $1000 which included dark tinted windows.

I watched some videos on the defender and its a pain to install and only last a year if applied properly. I would opt for the 3m system if you plan on keeping your ride for a long time.

Easy to take care of waxing with any synthetic wax like turtle wax ice. She only uses it cruise season so it doesn't see snow salt.

Clazar likes this.