Question about paint...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by Rod_R, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Rod_R

Rod_R Full Access Member

Can anyone recommend a product which can cover up paint chips effectively? My car had a tiny little chip on the bumper when I bought it and I'm wondering if there is a proven way to get rid of these.

2. walnetto

walnetto Full Access Member

I'd buy some touch-up paint at a Dodge dealer. Depending on how small the chip is, for small chips, use a toothpick and let the paint run off the pick into the hole. This is a slow process and could take several applications, but the results are better than using the brush since you tend to add too much paint and then it flows over the chip's edged and becomes a bump in the paint. Filling the hole slowly will even out the paint.

3. HorsepowerMuch

HorsepowerMuch Member

Good Suggestion

Good suggestion just want to add to be sure to get the touchup paint from a dealer. I'm a Dodge Tech and I can tell you that the generic paints at the parts stores aren't going to match as well. Good luck with your repair!

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

5. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Langka is a very popular choice. Here's a link Langka Paint Chip Repair

I used to own a 2005 GTO and the hoods on those cars catch everything. This was/is a popular product with those guys.

Quick disclaimer ...... I have witnessed this product being used, but have not had a reason to use it personally.