High pitch sound

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by 13rtc, Mar 18, 2013.

1. 13rtc

13rtc New Member

Hi all,
    New 2013 R/T Classic. I'm hearing a faint "singing" sound, A high-pitched tone when I'm at speed and take foot off the accelerator. Car only has 40 miles. If this a prob? Or go away with time? Someone I work with said it might be the differential (something like that). Or it could be normal for this model. Again , it is kinda faint but I do hear it. Any insight would help. Thx!

2. RT_6Speed

RT_6Speed Full Access Member

There is a TSB related to pinion gear whine for all SRT's and R/T's with a Getrag rear (6 speed cars). Mine did it when I'm over 40mph and let off the throttle. I shimmed the pinion slightly and that stopped a lot of it. Here's a link to some info on the gear whine issue...TSB 03-001-12

3. GraniteBullet

GraniteBullet New Member

rear end whine

Just brought my 2013 R/T 6spd. with10k into dealer for Rear end whine on deceleration after 15 minutes /hot at highway speeds. This is definitely a pinyin gear noise. I am a professional mechanic. I left the car with dealer while away to use and hear for 5 days! The answer I received was normal noise! Come on now! I will dig up TSB you recommend and find a new dealer! If they can not identify this and call it normal they can not fix it! I love my Dodge but not the singing rear! Heading to dealer to get car today will have them pull up TSB 03-001-12 an see if we can get anywhere. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014