No Start and New Light pops up under Fuel Guage

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by RAMTechRob, Dec 13, 2015.

1. RAMTechRob

RAMTechRob New Member

Hi folks, I have a 2012 Challenger. Today, the car would not start, just kept turning the starter without getting running.

There was a never before seen light under the Fuel Guage, next to the ABS light. It was red and on when it wouldn't start.

2 new batteries in the keyfobs, but I tried the 2 keyfob anyway. Still nothing. Finally cracked the gas cap opena nd locked the car, jiggled the autoshifter, and turned the steering wheel. Then it started and the red light went out.

Anyone know what this light is, before I get stuck in the middle of nowhere?

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

From what I was able to find in the owner's manual is that could be the factory security system indicator. Almost sounds like the system was still armed when you tried to start it, possible FOB problem. I know that when I try to use my truck key in my Challenger all it says is "Incorrect Key" , or something along that line.
    I would take it in to get it checked out, but of course it won't act up when you take it in.

3. RAMTechRob

RAMTechRob New Member

Yeah, that might be it. It sometimes says, Can't detect keyfob.