push button start

Discussion in 'Challenger Interior Modifications' started by tapoutchris, Aug 3, 2013.

1. tapoutchris

tapoutchris New Member

hi i have a srt8 challenger with the key fob. is there an easy way to install push button start on the car?

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I don't understand the question. You already have push button start.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  3. leatherman

leatherman Member

My push button was in a plastic bag in the glove box. Just popped it in.

4. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

I don't understand why dodge would make the key fob get stuck in the ignition if you have a dead battery. what is the purpose of that ? some thief would see your car sitting on the street with the key in the ignition, could break the window, open the hood, jump the battery & off they go with your car. I wonder how the insurance co. would look at that ? " you shouldn't have left your key in the ignition we won't cover the theft" I know some ins. co.s would say that to get out of paying a claim. It would also be in the police report as well, not a good thing. I have been debating wether or not to install my push start button, what are the pros & cons of having the button instead of using the key fob other than the example I just spoke of ?
    Bert

5. leatherman

leatherman Member

With the button, you never even need to take the fob out of your pocket. with the way the door locks work.

6. Model maker

What are the disadvantages of having the push button if there are any ? I just don't like the idea of having the key fob get trapped inside my car away from home if the battery went dead, I just don't understand why dodge would have it this way. I bet some people did not know this and tried to force the key fob out only to cause a lot of damage.

7. leatherman

leatherman Member

With the button in, you never have to use the fob for anything. Keep it in your pocket. just needs to be near.

8. Rod_R

Rod_R Full Access Member

My car won't lock if the fob is inside and the trunk won't close if it's in there. I'm not really sure how you could get it locked in there. You're at least as likely to have keys locked inside. I just keep the fob in my pocket and don't worry about it. If my fob is inside and my car in the garage, it won't start.

9. Model maker

I may install mine because I really don't like the idea of the fob getting locked into the ignition if your battery goes dead. I would be very uncomfortable having to walk away from the car with the key fob stuck in the ignition. if someone breaks into the car & opens the hood to jump start it they could drive away with it & I am sure the ins. co. would try to say "you shouldn't have left your keys in the car" we don't have a choice at that point.

10. leatherman

leatherman Member

put in the button......:big_banana_Dance: