vinyle verses paint

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by hungrylikawolf, May 3, 2013.

1. hungrylikawolf

hungrylikawolf Member

I'd like to change my black vinyl stripes out for a different color, red to match the brake calipers and red 392 emblems . are there any disadvantages to doing this ,other than altering the originality . also if I go with paint ,I can choose the shade of red that I want.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

True, but more costly of course. Have you looked up how to remove the black vinyl stripes without ruining the paint. Also, did you find some vinyl you like to put replace it?

3. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Shaggy is right. But any good vinyl shop should be able to give you the color you are looking for. Vinyl would be cheaper and allow for any changes later on.

4. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

Paint and vinyl are really not that different in price. Once you factor in the price of having them professionally applied, they are pretty close in price. There are advantages of both. Vinyl can easily be replaced if damaged, or a different look is desired. Paint is more durable and can be waxed.

I am going for painted stripes this summer. I like to use a bufffer to apply wax and polish. I am tired of having to stay clear of the stripes.

5. Shaggy

I would think vinyl would be more durable then paint. It can take more of a beating. Am I wrong?

6. hungrylikawolf

hungrylikawolf Member

I have talked to 3 different shops. 1 a professional restional/paint and body shop they said the vinly was not that hard to remove if you new what you were doing.
    Another body shop said that has done work for me in the past, very good I might add. Said the same thing.

7. hungrylikawolf

hungrylikawolf Member

Vinyl

Hey Guys, found this company that makes the Vinyl for the stripes. ( called Big Worm Motorsports) has anyone used them? The prices quoted was very reasonable and much much cheaper than ordering from local Chrysler/dodge dealer.
    Has anyone heard of them or used them ????
    Would love to hear your feed back.

8. hungrylikawolf

hungrylikawolf Member

I have forund a company called Big Worm Motorsports, That sells all the hood,roof, trunk and spoiler decals. don't n e thing bout the company, Would you happen to have had n e experience with them or heard of them???

9. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

I have read some good thing on other forums of people that have used Big Worm Graphics. Also Rider Graphix. Both seem to have good reputations

10. Shaggy

Are they pretty good on design also? Where are the based out of?