2015 tuners ?

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Magpie2, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Magpie2

Magpie2 New Member

Anything available yet for this model year? My car is a stone ! Did the Flowmaster cat back with resonaters , may try taking of the resonaters see if it changes anything but the sound.
    TIA Magpie

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

What engine do you have? The 3.6?

3. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Don't forget that by letting the exhaust flow better doesn't do much without more air going in.
    Every once in a while are you taking the car out for a good run, especially if you are a daily driver in traffic for the most part, quality fuel with 89 octane is a must as well.

I believe the Diablo Sport Trinity Tuner is compatible with the 2012 5.7L, just do the 91 "canned tune". It made a big difference on my 2010.

4. Magpie2

Magpie2 New Member

Sorry for the lack of information. Its a 5.7 . The car is a 2015 but the control panel only went as new as 2012. I have read some numbers that the cold air intake is not worth much but sound. Very disappointed with the performance. Great looking car but what happened to the go ? I think I ran a 14 .4 in the quarter in the hot summer months. Its great on gas for a daily driver but if I keep this car past its warranty .... I guess I should have bought the scat pack. The diablo tuner only works on 2015 if you combine it with (ECM ) ? I may have that term wrong. Bottom line is I would be happy with the car If I could get another 75 to 100 horse without voiding the warranty.
    Sorry for the long babble. 93 octane always.
    Kevin

5. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

14.4 sec. is "in the ballpark" for a stock 5.7. I have seen better times, however. How is your launch? Are you getting a lot of wheel spin?

In order to get 100 more horses, you will have to install a supercharger or nitrous system. Simple bolts-ons or a tune will not get you there. You should have bought a new or used 392 if this is the amount of power you want.

6. steve37887

steve37887 Member

Anyone have experience with the 3.6? Looking at adding a HC airbox and a higher flow cat back then doing a tune?

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

7. Magpie2

Magpie2 New Member

Tom , the launch was terrible. I hadn't realized traction control was taking away power from the engine. The car was packed up with a weekends trip supplies and girlfriend in the car. Guess I could try leaving her home ! Wow , big bucks to make these things go.

8. 10DYRT

Traction control off, empty the trunk including the spare, less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
    I ran a 14.0 with an actual elevation of approx. 3200 ft. bone stock, no mods at all.

9. Magpie2

Magpie2 New Member

Thanks Drt , To and others ! I will try that in the spring . Our local track is at sea level. I am having trouble with my launches on the street or track , leaving the tire behind. Manual trans. I think If I could get it into the high thirteen's I may be satisfied for a while. Just odd I don't know which rice burner is going to make me look silly !
    Maybe I should leave it mostly stock till the warranty is up ....... Trade for scat Pack.
    Kevin

10. 10DYRT

Lots of practice to get the launch down to a science is what is needed.