Anyone here have a MOPAR catback exhaust ?

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Model maker, May 13, 2013.

1. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

My Dodge dealer has a MOPAR catback exhaust system that eliminates interior drone completely they say. it is part #P5155959 and has RSC which is reflective sound cancellation. Has anyone here installed one of these on a 5.7 with automatic transmission ? if so how do you like it ?
    Bert

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

3. Model maker

thank you, those were helpful. choosing the right exhaust can be time consuming.
    bert

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Trust me, I think we all know. I have 2 main concerns(I think its everyones 2 main concerns) when it comes to exhaust, how it sounds on the outside, and how it sounds on the inside. That's why it isn't uncommon to take your time on finding the right one.

5. Model maker

I have a flowmaster on my truck & it sounds great on the truck however the challenger is another story. The MOPAR exhaust you get from the dealer that says it has RSC reflective sound cancellation says NO drone inside. I don't know who makes the exhaust but I have heard Corsica does. I just want the car to sound like it looks. I want to hear a "good" sound inside & that being the rumble of the exhaust from the "outside" I also want a cold air intake & I am not sure if the cars engine needs to have a "special tune" in order to see the gains in installing these. a better question may have been " what aftermarket exhaust should be avoided"
    Bert

6. skellin

skellin Member

4381 N. Dixie Hwy Deerfield Beach, FL 33064
    This is because sound frequencies are almost always heard [interpreted] differently from one person to another.

So drone and other unwanted tones created by an exhaust system is relative to the listener.

7. El Paso Bob

El Paso Bob Member

I have the MOPAR Cat Back exhaust on my 15 Shaker. I absolutely love it. Great sound and when you stand on it you hear it. No drone in the cab on highway speeds in cruise control. In fact it's silent inside when highway cruising no drone at all at any steady speed. It was part of the Scat Pack Stage 1 performance upgrade.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016