1. genotex

genotex Full Access Member

that sounds great... or at least I bet it will... when we get to hear it! :)
    Looking forward to that video! Thanks B5Billy.

on our B5 R/T classic we had the catback JBA stainless system.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Welcome Billy. Hope you have a great time here.

3. Bdaz12rt

Bdaz12rt Member

I have a 2012 rt classic with auto stick and cylinder deactivate. Just replaced the factory exhaust with a custom exhaust with magnaflow mufflers, no resonator. Sounds great in v8 mode but the 4 cylinder mode is terrable. I get a really loud drone when the 4cylinder mode is under a load and about to switch to 8. Not sure what to do, any advice on how I can get the best of both worlds??

4. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

I haven't seen any posts on any forums that clearly eliminate the drone. It seems to be the worst in cars with automatics due to the cylinder de-activation. I can only suggest you try two things.

1) contact exhaust manufacturers (like a Flowmaster or Magnaflow) and ask them for advice.

2) add sound deadener, like Dynamat, to the entire trunk. It seems that the drone resonates from the large open area of the trunk and amplified. Deadening that area should help.

5. bcfdt23

bcfdt23 New Member

FLOWMASTER SUPER 10s with reso delete

6. Bdaz12rt

Bdaz12rt Member

Does anyone know if the computer tuning for the engine needs to be adjusted when you install a custom exhaust? My 5.7 auto seems to run a little more rough without the factory set up. The car is a 12 with 1045 miles. I'm still struggling with what to do about the 4 cylinder drone. Is it possable that the factory tuning requires some back pressure to function properly. Any help would be appreciated. The custom set up is a larger x pipe and straight pipes to magnaflow mufflers at the tips.

7. jonmandude

Just an exhaust change should not require a new tune.

8. manonamission

manonamission Member

Anyone have experience with the aFe Power MACHForce XP Cat-Back SS-409 Exhaust Systems; Dodge Challenger 09-12 V8-5.7L 49-42017

look like a good deal and sounds good on video but always nice to hear in person

also is cylinder de-activation an option?

9. jonmandude

I have not heard that exhaust, but to be honest, I haven't heard a bad sounding exhaust on a Challenger yet.

I have heard that you can turn off the cylinder de-activation with a Predator tuner from Diablosport. But I have also heard that you cannot tune a 2011-12 ECU yet. It will happen in time.

10. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

I totally agree with your first statement. You can turn off the MDS with a Predator and unfortunately they don't have the codes for an '11 or '12 YET.