Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum > Dodge Challenger Modifications > Challenger R/T Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum

Challenger R/T Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum Discuss the 370HP/398lb-ft 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine and Performance Mods.

traction control on OR off ?

This is a discussion on traction control on OR off ? within the Challenger R/T Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum forums, part of the Dodge Challenger Modifications category!
I have a 2013 challenger R/T autostick with sport mode. A question about the traction control button & function. What ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default traction control on OR off ?

I have a 2013 challenger R/T autostick with sport mode. A question about the traction control button & function. What are the benefits of driving with the traction control turned off ? what are the pros & cons of turning it off or leaving it on ? what can you do with it turned off compared with it turned on ?

Bert
Model maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

The only 'benefit' I see to turning traction control off is spinning the tires. I've turned it off a couple of times and my SRT gets squirrelly fast. I leave mine on unless I get stupid and forget how much of a wild ride these cars can be.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I also leave mine on as the braking and other things are quicker with the computer controlling it. turning it off has its benefits when the driving conditions allow it such as the track. I don't go to the track so I just leave mine on. I thought it would do more or handle better with it off.
Bert
Model maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Doesn't really matter, blowers will overcome the traction control system in the first three gears