Newbie from alberta canada

Discussion in 'Challenger SRT8 Engine & Performance Modifications' started by cuda8u, Apr 6, 2016.

1. cuda8u

cuda8u New Member

I'm searching for a detonator yellow srt8 and may have found 2. My questions are about upgrades. Is it a must to put a catch can on? What is the number 1 upgrade I should do? I like the look of the halo plasma lights in amber,which brand is best? Both cars I'm considering are 2010's.

Hello from Canada!!

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Advantage of Catch Can

An oil catch can is used in turbo and high-performance engines where excessive blow-by (leakage past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. Engine manufactures have placed a valve on the engine block which releases this pressure. This valve is known as a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. During engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of the engine, pass through the PCV valve and are routed back into the intake for the engine to burn off. However, some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk" that can, over time, rob your engine of horsepower.

The oil catch does a great job of collecting the oil mist and condensing the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gases to be passed back into the intake. Typically the blow-by gasses are passed through a wire mesh, which give the vapor droplets something to adhere to. Since the oil catch cans condense the vapor portion of the gasses, they will need to be drained periodically of all the oil, fuel and other contaminants.

Here is an informative You Tube video that describes the purpose and advantage f installing an oil catch can. I have a Billet Technology catch can, along with many other interior and exterior appearance parts. See my photos, below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KrSn3BoeLE&nohtml5=False

Attached Files:

3. Nikdom

Nikdom Active Member

I want to ask about moving to a new home
    We will move to a new home. We live in Vancouver with their parents now, we found a house in Toronto. But how to move all of our belongings and furniture? We expect to take advantage of atlanticcoastmovers.ca assistance.
    What can you say? Or you know better way to move?