Tie Rod End Issues...

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by MikeJames, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MikeJames

MikeJames New Member

Hope this is the right place for this.....I'm rebuilding the front end on my 2011 Challenger SE. Mostly cause it's squeaking, sounding funny and has about 100k on it. I bought it with just over 90k and I don't know what was done with it.

So I have the passenger side almost done. Tie rods are basically the last thing to do. I go to put the new inner tie rod in and it doesn't fit. I then notice......holy crap....the diameter on the hole its supposed to screw into is way smaller than the tie rod. I compare the original to the new and sure enough.....different.

After doing a little research, I figured I'd try different Dodge models. Just so happens that the 2011 Dodge Charger has the tie rod I'm looking for. Looks exactly the same from the photos with the new boot and little rubber covering and even the little plastic spacer thing.

Has anyone else run into this? I honestly don't THINK that the front end has been touched by anyone other than me, but being 4 years old and almost 100k, it could have been.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike