software versions?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by VaDevil16, Jul 17, 2015.

1. VaDevil16

VaDevil16 Member

Hello,

Does anyone know how to find out what version the software the car's computer is as well a the radio? I have a 2013 R/T Plus with uconnect 730N radio(RER). the radio keeps randomly rebooting (turning off and on). also the subwoofer randomly will not turn on at all. in addition the auto door locks repeatedly lock randomly while driving. I was thinking about going to the dealer to get updates but they were saying depending on how many updates are needed it would be $150/hour to update the software. is this normal ? any info would help.

thanks, -Kevin

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. VaDevil16

VaDevil16 Member

ok so I ordered the 2019 map update/uconnect update and my issues with the radio have cleared. no more sub cutting out or radio shutting off/on randomly. Also I replaced the driver side door latch assembly - to fix the door lock/unlock issues. FYI, another tell-tell sign you're having an issue with the door latch is observing the door locking and unlocking while the car is even turned off....causing the battery to drain, etc.

B5blueRT likes this.
  3. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Did you just connect via wifi to do the update or did you use a USB stick to load it?

4. VaDevil16

VaDevil16 Member

actually the package had a CD-ROM and USB thumbdrive. you load the cd first to update the system software. Then install the usb stick to complete the map update(s). took about an hour with engine running. Follow the directions in the manual though, because it might change from version to version. -K

5. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Thanks for actually following up with the solution. Some new members post a question but never respond to questions or provide the fix if/when its found.

VaDevil16 likes this.
  6. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

I’m curious, did you have to buy this update?

7. VaDevil16

VaDevil16 Member

you're welcome B5blueRT :) and thanks for the compliment. I haven't been on here in a looong time but wanted to share some info that I finally came up with some fixes on the software side of things.

...and yes, Redline HC, I had to buy the update. I waited for a good deal to come around and then jumped on it. I think I got mine for about $100. Definitely worth it after dealing with 6 year old maps, etc....I was tired of getting "lost" all the time or driving on roads that didn't exist lolol not kidding tho :) hope that helps!

8. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

How did you come across your deal? I've been kicking around upgrading my 2015 with the newest upgrade.