New Drag Pack & Scat Pack Options

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Jun 27, 2015.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Dodge has announced the new Challenger Drag Pak Friday, featuring a 354-cubic-inch (5.8-liter), supercharged Hemi for $109,354. and a 426-ci (7.2-liter), naturally aspirated V8 for $99,426. Both engines will be good for 8-second 1/4 miles.

The supercharged model uses a cast-iron block, while the 426 has aluminum for both the block and head. Both get customized engine calibrations, and are mated to unique, race-spec automatic transmissions.

Dodge also announced two enhanced Scat Pack kits for Challenger R/T. The 5.7-liter Hemi models gain an extra 56 horsepower and 30 pound-feet of torque in the Scat Pack 2 ($1,895) thanks to a new cam, valve springs, pushrods, and gaskets. The Scat Pack 3, ($4,495) 75 hp and 44 lb-ft, on top of the gains from the lower packages. Both performance packages come complete with a factory-backed warranty.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/27/dodge-challenger-drag-pak-video-official/

Attached Files:

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Just another car for those rich car collectors. :)

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

4. strykerpsg

strykerpsg New Member

Thanks for posting the latest updates on this fantastic car. I am looking to purchase the 2016, as my military retirement gift to self, when details are released. As such, I will certainly continue subscribing to this thread for the latest finds.

I'm secretly hoping that some similar scat pack options will find their way to the 392 as well. Enough to top most contenders without spending the additional $13,000 for the Hellcat.

Thanks again.

Matt

5. MidLfe

MidLfe Member

Spend the extra $13k...it's worth it. I had a 2012 SRT8 and it had about 500Hp after mods and was a great car. However, the new hellcat was worth the extra money I spent and no mods are required with this bad boy. I'm sure you'll love it...BTW, Thanks for your service!!!