Car buying help

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by h2pvnus, Jan 15, 2017.

1. markenyux

markenyux New Member

i vote v8, nice muscle car..
    good luck dude

2. Chal-

Chal- Member

I agree with this one. Any updates on what model you bought?

3. mojoishere

mojoishere New Member

Definitely, V8...6.4 liter...dodge challenger 392 is my vote...I have owned a 2012 SRT392 Challenger and now own a 2017 392 Shaker Plus RT.

You get the power and reliability...and you can always modify up if you want more power.

The point is...if base power isnt there in the first place there's only so much more you can adjust...start with a solid power base.

Its like tv screens and fish tanks...get the largest you can afford and you'll truly be the happiest ....that is, if you want a dodge muscle car!

Go biggest engine = Highest performance all-around.

4. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

IMHO.....If your budget can stand it, go for the big one. If our 2016 R/T Plus had the 392, we would have done the deal if the price was right. In 2016 there was an option of the 392 in the R/T Plus but those are rare. We are very satisfied with our Plum Crazy with the 5.7 Hemi. We made our choice based on color, engine size and the 6 speed tranny. The price was doable as the dealer was willing to come down from sticker. Because of the 6 speed manual there were no takers and the car sat on the lot for at least four months. It has a home now....our garage since mid-Oct. BTW, 375 net HP is more than I need to get in trouble with. The performance specs on this car's setup are very impressive and the 392 specs are even more so. I manage to keep the horses in the barn but there are times out there while we are in some high mountain valley like South Park with no one around, we turn it loose. Life is good in the Purple Thing.

Follow your heart and your financial good senses.