Which R/T do I have?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by rtchallenger12, Feb 24, 2017.

1. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

I have a 2012 R/T and it's FULLY loaded with upgrades from the factory
    Fully loaded meaning leather heated seats, sunroof, garage opener, touch screen navi radio, HIDs, etc
    Just not sure if it's a Plus or maybe Classic, although I read that the Classics have a stripe or something down the side which mine doesn't have
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The R/T Plus package contains numerous exterior and interior appearance and electronic options. The Classic package includes the R/T Plus items, as well as 20-inch "heritage-style" wheels (look like old school Cragers), Challenger script emblem on front fenders, R/T side stripes, functional (vented) hood scoops and Xenon headlights. Here is a photo of a Classic model.

From looking at your photo, you have an R/T Plus.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  3. rtchallenger12

Awesome, thanks!
    Another question I have not pertaining to this topic: is the DS i2 Tuner worth it?
    I have a K&N CAI, dual FM 40 Series and reso delete but not sure if getting the tuner would be worth it considering I'm not going to supercharge or anything
    Having close to, if not VERY close to 400hp (with current mods) is plenty power for my daily use but just a tad more power and torque for only about $300 doesn't sound bad to me.. IF it actually does so

Keep in mind I'm open to other options to gain power, but I'm not going to spend a lot of money to mod my Challenger as I want to keep it close to stock with little bolt-on features, tuner maybe, etc without the risk of throwing codes or running into issues later

4. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

If you will go to the following web site and enter your car's VIN, it will bring up an equipment listing (similar to a build sheet). My R/T is a Classic and is so identified by the 4th item listed in the options section.

Chrysler - Contact Us

5. rtchallenger12

Ok well according to that site I have a Classic
    Super Track Pak, Performance Bilstein Suspension, Boston Acoustic speakers with subwoofer (could someone tell me where this is because I've never seen it?), I guess it had stripes before but that have since been removed, and much more
    Good to know! I presume my car was pretty expensive back in '12
    Any way I can see the actual sale price of one just like mine?

6. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

Using the info from the previous site I referenced, go to the following site and you can "build" your car to find the MSRP back in 2012. I did this for the 2013 I just purchased. MSRP on it was $39,645; and, my cost on it, used with 35,000 miles, was $20,984.00. I'm feeling pretty good about the discount that comes with buying used.

Build a 2012 Dodge Challenger - Configure Tool | Autobytel.com

BurntRT likes this.
  7. rtchallenger12

Mine was $40k+ after taxes! Very cool to see, just wish for that price you could get the R/T body with the SRT engine as I've heard the R/Ts have better interiors than the higher up models