New Guy

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by rtchallenger12, Feb 3, 2017.

1. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

What's up everyone! New to the Challenger scene, I've wanted one since I was about 12 yrs old when I saw my older brother rent one for his prom
    I've been in love with them ever since, and now that I'm 19 and have busted my ass I finally was able to purchase my own.. but a V8!
    She's all black and all stock but loaded with all the bells and whistles that I wanted with 55k miles
    I know it's only an R/T but I didn't want to dish out a lot of my savings when all I wanted was a V8.. anyway, I'm glad to join and hopefully I can learn a lot about my new ride

2. Six5sAlive

Six5sAlive New Member

Welcome!

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Welcome to the forum. The 5.7 Hemi in the R/T is a strong performance engine.

If it is an automatic, you also have the gas-saving MDS system that allows the engine to run on 4 cylinders when you are cruising.

You will really enjoy owning it.

What year is your Challenger? Post some photos.

4. rtchallenger12

It is an automatic and I've noticed the ECO feature appear on the dash when cruising
    It's a 2012 with full leather, touch screen navi radio, sunroof, etc which is everything I wanted!
    I also noticed that the sequential tail light mod was done to it and done very well, which is what I was wanting to do later
    I'll post some probably tomorrow- I've been driving it around too much today to take a lot of pictures :gr_grin:

5. soonercruiser

soonercruiser Full Access Member

Welcome from Okieland!

6. rtchallenger12

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's got some dust on her but I drove a lot yesterday

7. SRT-Tom

Nice R/T!

In the future, you may want to dress up the interior with things like a MOPAR T-shifter, stainless steel sill plates, racing pedals and billet controls. Here is my interior.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. rtchallenger12

Thanks I appreciate it!
    Already have the stainless trim ordered, MOPAR pedals ordered, full set (front, back, trunk) rubber floor mats, red LED floor lights, and also some LED fogs
    I also learned yesterday that the sequential tail light mod was done and done very well, which is what I was planning to do anyway! Very excited about owning this beast
    Any tips on installing the pedals? I watched a video of a guy explaining his difficulties and he said the brake was a pain in the ass
    My question is, what exactly do you do to take the old off/install the new?

9. SRT-Tom

The soft OEM rubber brake pedal pad comes off easily. Just pry it off at one of the corners and work the rest off.

The stainless steel brake cover is a lot harder to install. It helps to soak it in hot water (almost boiling) for a few minutes and install it using liquid dish wash soap. Start at one corner and work your way around. A small screw driver may help. You'll have to be patient because it is a very tight fit.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  10. soonercruiser

soonercruiser Full Access Member

Those wheels look great on your Black. I also saw them on a gray Challenger, and looked great there too.
    You can spruce up the interior with some carbon fiber. I had mine Hydrodipped.

[​IMG]