Rear window louvers

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Cherry bomb, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Cherry bomb

Cherry bomb Member

Looking for Challenger owners who have installed a rear window louver.

2. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Have had mine on for over 4 years.

3. Cherry bomb

Cherry bomb Member

Dyrt

What brand window louvers did you buy,do you like it, is it ABS or aluminum, if it is ABS is it smooth finish or the other type,have you saw other Challengers with them? I would appreciate any information that you could pass along to me about rear window louvers. Thank you in advance.

4. 10DYRT

Mine were made by LPI, who have since gone out of business. There is an outfit in the states that bought their equipment and is making them. There were about a half dozen or so that got them the same time as me, two options either the screw on (which I have) or a stick on. No complaints from anybody. A Challenger owner picked hers up this past summer and are identical to mine. Next time I talk to her I'll ask the for the name of the company she got her from.

5. Cherry bomb

Cherry bomb Member

10dyrt

You stated that your louvers were the screw on type. I am not familiar with that type, what do they screw into? Do you have to drill any holes into the car? Are yours ABS or aluminum? Do you have to take them off when you go to an automatic car wash? Thank you for answering my post. Also I have read that the aluminum louvers tend to rattle while you are moving and they are much more expensive. If yours are ABS are they smooth surface or are they textured? Thank you again for the information.

6. ttdriver

ttdriver Member

I added them to my 2015. They are ABS and mount with tabs that have small bolts sticking out of them. 3M tape holds the tabs onto the glass.

[​IMG]

7. 10DYRT

Mine are aluminum, you have to drill the roof. Very seldom do they rattle.
    I've never taken mine through an automatic (sander) car wash.
    They are available in a "stick on" version.

8. Cherry bomb

Cherry bomb Member

10dyrt

Thank you again for the information, it is rather hard to make a decision on which window louvers to buy when you can't actually see the product in person. The aluminum louvers seem to be quite a bit more expensive. I remember in the 70's I saw some that were faded from the sun but they are more realistic looking.

9. Cherry bomb

Cherry bomb Member

ttdriver,
    Thank you for answering my post. Are your louvers textured or smooth surface? How do you like them, who did you purchase them from and how much were they if you don't mind me asking?

10. 10DYRT

Check out "The Challenger Store" they are less than half of what I paid 4 years ago.
    And they have both ABS and Aluminum.