100th Anniversary Edition Model

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Autoblog has just posted news about a limited edition Challenger- Dodge's 100th Anniversary Edition.

Here is the news and photo:

"In 1914, the Dodge brothers went from being a parts supplier to a full-scale automaker, and to celebrate the centennial of this milestone, Dodge will offer special editions of the 2014 Charger and Challenger early next year. Both cars will be sold in limited numbers (although no specific number was given), and these cars will stand out thanks to unique touches like 20-inch wheels, 100th anniversary edition logos and the exclusive High Octane Red Pearl Coat paint job (shown above).

The 100th Anniversary Edition package, which runs $2,200 on the 2014 Charger and $2,500 on the 2014 Challenger, comes with red or black leather seats with a cloud print (for a denim-like look) and metal badges on the seatbacks that read "Dodge Est. 1914," while similar logos are also found on the wheel center caps and front fenders. The instrument gauges are unique to each car, with the Charger getting black gauges and the Challenger getting white gauges, and to enunciate the 100-year anniversary, both cars have red numerals on the speedometer for the 100-mile-per-hour mark.

Finishing off the 100th Anniversary Edition cars, which will be offered on V6 and R/T models, Dodge adds a flat-bottom steering wheel and embroidered floor mats as a part of the package. Scroll down for the full press release for these commemorative models."

Kind of cool, but I think that $2,500 just for cosmetics is a bit high.

You have to give Dodge credit, however, for trying to make the 7 year old Challenger seem "new" and more appealing (e.g., MOPAR 14 edition, Core SRT, Scat Pack, and 100th Anniversary).

Attached Files:

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Nice. I do agree it seems a bit high for the add ons, but they do look good.

3. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Good looking, but most of the package add ons are pricey.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

5. Nawalins

Nawalins Member

Love mine!

6. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

Love mine too!

7. GO BILL'S

GO BILL'S New Member

Production of the 100 th annaversary eddition hallenger

Just wondering how many were produced .

I love mine

8. weaps

weaps New Member

Finally pulled the trigger and got one used in red octane color with six speed. It had only 7000 miles and not a scratch on her. She stickered for 37,340 and I got her for 26,900. Still has 8 months left on warranty. I'm happy!!

9. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

Glad you like it! It is an awesome car..

10. weaps

weaps New Member

Here's a quick question. What should I do about a front license plate for my 2014 100th anniversary Dodge Challenger? I'm in Ohio and this state requires a front plate to be displayed. But alas no provisions are made in the front bumper. What could I do for mounting purposes. Thanks.