2012 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392 better daily driver than Corvette?

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by stingray, Feb 26, 2012.

1. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

How good is this car as a daily driver?
    Does it have problems with curb rash, ground clearance of bottoming out on driveways or parking curbs like taking out front license plate like on a Corvette?

Attached Files:

2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

I say the SRT8 is a better daily driver than the Vette would be. More cabin space and a smoother ride.

3. stingray

:waytogo: I agree and again alot better with no damage parking near curbs or parking spaces that have a cement barrier in them.:disgust:

4. genotex

genotex Full Access Member

the 392 sits pretty low... don't wanna crowd those cement barriers! :)

5. wesalbert

wesalbert Full Access Member

I got mine over a Corvette.
    Plus, to many Vettes on the road down here. Don't see to many Chally SRT8's. I like to be different.

6. SRTSammy

SRTSammy Full Access Member

Chally for daily driver...

Curb rash isn't a problem if you know how to drive! ;) :p

Howdy Stingray! Long time no see!

7. yellow jacket 2012

yellow jacket 2012 Member

I have had both and still like Corvettes. The Challenger has a better ride, more comfortable space wise and easier to get in and out of. I have a forward facing camera to prevent parking lot errors and entering pitched driveways. I've also owned a couple of Mustangs too.

8. stingray

Corvette will always be #1 but it's a delicate and expensive car. Difficult to park.
    I test drove a 2014 SXT that had performance suspension and it rode too rough and slow. I then test drove a 2014 R/T Challenger automatic with paddle shifters which was one step up. The salesman drove the Challenger off the grass over a cement curb. Not even close,,, no scratches or scrapes. That's what I like about these cars they have room to spare and I notice there is plenty of room in wheel wells unlike the Corvette and Mustang both which I own and tire on Mustang rubs up against fender/ground effects. There is very little space between wheels and fender. Test drove a 2014 Mustang GT 6 spd with 3.73 and a 2014 Mustang V/6 with 6 spd.
    Mustang V6 is alot faster than the Challenger V6. As always the 5.0 Mustang GT is a screamer. The Mustang V6 has passing power in 3rd and lower gears and the ride is not as stiff as the Mustang GT. If you want better gas mileage perhaps the Mustang V6 is the way to go. Need for speed goes to Mustang GT with 3.73 rear end. Forget any track packs options on any of these cars Challenger included as the roads here are the worst and will beat you and the car to death.:buffer:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. stingray

Definitely alot more space:winner_second_h4h:. I notice that my 2005 Corvette with F-55 option rides alot smoother than the 2014 Mustang GT, 2014 SXT Challenger with performance suspension.

10. Auto Motive

Auto Motive Member

Challenger touring vs Corvette sportscar

Own a 95 vette and my daughter has a challenger 392 which I drive frequently. Both are very comfortable driving cars but the vette is quite noisy in stop and go traffic especially with the magnaflows I have installed. Nothing is more comfortable in everyday driving then the challenger.