2015 RT STOCK SIZE TIRE RECOMENATIONS?

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by David Ahluwalia, Jun 16, 2023.

1. David Ahluwalia

David Ahluwalia Member

Can anyone recomend a tire brand they liked on a 2015 rt with mild mods , short headers exhaust , cold air 245 45 20 is stock size , I drive almost every day on a short run on the interstate .In maryland we seen rain and might seen snow but have a jeep for snow for the most part

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

3. menarda

menarda Member

First off, go with 275/40 tires all round, your car will handle way better and you'll have more traction. It's like a night & day difference. Best thing I ever did on my 2012 5.7 R/T. As far as brand, I've had recent luck with Coopers (was told it was bought out by Goodyear). I have their Zeon RS3-G1 on my 2020 widebody (315's) and they have better traction than the factory Pirellis the car came with, plus they come with a 50K mi warrantee and cost less. I found that Discount tire has the best prices & offer free rotations & balancing, which I take full advantage of every 5,000mi.

4. SRT-Tom

He will need at least a 9-inch wide wheel for 275/40-20 tires to wear and perform properly. His R/T may only have 8-inch wide wheels.
    If so, he will be limited to a 245/45-20 tire unless he buys wider wheels.

5. george galvin

george galvin Active Member

I like the GoodYear and the Generals, Ive seen a bunch of tire ratings vids on U Tube and the General GMax RS were rated the best new all around tire, Their short video/commercial even used a Challenger SRT,

Then there's the GodYear Eagle RS-A2, I read the write up from Americas Tire Co, There were a lot of Challenger owners doing the rating and it was all good.... They seem to be the popular pick for Dodge fans.
    GoodYear 245/45-R20 @ 190 per tire
    General G Max 245/45/20 @ 200 per tire
    Yes Im looking too!
    Got my American Racing Boss TT 338's 20x8.5's. They're Black centers with semi polished lip, I also got the Boss spinners, chrome and Crome lugs. Ive not seen a challenger with this combo, it's a touch old school but I think its going to look wicked nasty. (White Car) Im sending pics SOON so keep an eye out................

6. george galvin

Guys if the tire rim combo is a hit I may get a set of 20x10's for the rear and go from there, Hard choices but a hell of a lot of fun.
    I did the brakes and am awaiting new shocks and while under there I wondered
    Will 20x10 fit on the rear???? Anyone try it yet?? Remember a not so stock 2015 R/T, small block manual.

7. SRT-Tom

8. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

Hey, get a hold of a company that sells "American Racing Custom Wheels " and there custom shop can make any off set you want. It will not be cheap but doable.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2024
  9. george galvin

IMG_0174.jpeg IMG_0167.jpeg IMG_0156.jpeg IMG_0163.jpeg Well their on and this is the result, I really hope you guys like....... IMG_0174.jpeg IMG_0167.jpeg IMG_0156.jpeg IMG_0163.jpeg IMG_0163.jpeg

baccaruda likes this.