5.7 Challenger R/T Smokes Infiniti Q60

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by SRT-Tom, Nov 16, 2021.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The Sam CarLegion channel on YouTube arranged, on a very hot day, a drag race between a Challenger R/T 5.7-liter and an Infiniti Q60 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6.

The Q60 came to the party with a lighter car and AWD. However, it only had 300 hp. against Challenger’s 372 hp.

All three drag races had the exact same result, irrespective of the driver in the Challenger. The Infiniti got smoked badly, both in the drag race and 31 mph roll battles.

Check out the video.

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I'm not surprised really but am certainly wondering about the tires on the R/T. They gripped so well compared to my factory Goodyears that came with the car. They mentioned that it was a HOT day so maybe that's it.

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

For $1200 US, due to the capable engine internals which tolerate significantly increased turbo boost through a tune and a couple of easily changed parts, the 300hp versions jump to 450hp (sounds too good to be true but I've verified even greater gains in my BMW's). There's also Infiniti Q50 and Q60 400hp factory V6 twin turbo versions available (which the one in this video is not) but they're significantly more expensive. The 1/4 mile time testing for the 400hp version indicates it's faster than the 5.7 and on par with 6.4 and 6.1. If Nissan had turbo charged the 370's (which had shared the same V6 drive train platform with the Q35 and 37's) I'd still have mine (which I traded on my Challenger). For those interested there's 1/4 mile video available of the Infiniti 300hp version going down the track faster than the 6 cyl Challenger.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    70-426_10-SRT likes this.