7th Last Call

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by GregH, Feb 7, 2023.

1. GregH

GregH New Member

Hi All new to this Forum. Never had a Dodge but now very interested in the 7th Last Call Challenger. 900+ HP sounds like the way to go & only Dodge will do it with a serious bang.

Curious to your opinions, insights & experience. I am on the C7 Corvette Z06 Forum and find that a fabulous resource. I will keep the Z06 but considering to add the Dodge.

Cheers from the home of the Challenger, Toronto, Ontario

Moparisto likes this.
  2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The rumor is that the 7th Last Call Challenger will have 909 hp. running on E85 fuel.

My guess is that it will be a very low production specialty car, which will be hard to get, and cost over $100,000.

3. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

Almost no E85 in the Northeast..

4. GregH

GregH New Member

what motor? Only E85 agree cannot be the only way. I figure on E85 it produces the most HP like HP number quoted for the 18 Demon but will still run 91 premium fuel. Can it be a limited run of 426 hemi?

I think I figured it out. My assumption; 7th last call will have the new crate motor code C170. was presented at Sema where Dodge originally planned to show the 7th edition but didn't because this C170 version was not ready. No official HP SAE certified number because they blew up a few.

The Hellephant lineup of four crate engines includes:

• A30 Crate Engine: Formally known as the Hellephant 426 Supercharged HEMI crate engine, the A30 makes use of a 426 cubic-inch bored and stroked GEN III HEMI aluminum block and features 4340 H-beam rods with forged aluminum pistons and 3.17-inch supercharger pulley to achieve 1,000 horsepower on premium fuel
    • A170 Crate Engine: Building on the performance of the A30 with upgraded fuel system with flex fuel capability, the A170 delivers over 1,100 horsepower with E85 fuel, based on preliminary estimates
    • C30 Crate Engine: This new entry in the Hellephant lineup starts with an upgraded 376 cubic-inch cast-iron long block and features a 3.0L IHI supercharger with larger throttle body, stronger rods, pistons, upgraded hardware, and an improved valvetrain to produce approximately 900 horsepower on premium fuel, based on preliminary estimates
    • C170 Crate Engine: Building on the performance of the C30 with upgraded fuel system and flex fuel capability, the C170 will deliver over 1,000 horsepower with E85 fuel, based on preliminary estimates
    The C30 and C170 Hellephant Series crate engines include several upgrades to optimize cylinder pressure capability and deliver maximum performance on premium or E85 fuel configurations. Highlighted features for the C30 and C170 crate engines include:

• New 3.0L IHI supercharger with improved intercooler, larger snout and a 3.02-inch pulley for increased boost
    • 105mm throttle body with new housing, blade, shaft and geartrain for increased airflow
    • Upgraded cylinder heads with upgraded valve guide and seat material
    • Upgraded pistons with top land cutback to improve combustion sealing
    • Upgraded connecting rods with new material and revised bushing material to support increased combustion pressure
    • Main and rod bearing material upgraded to copper-lead for increased load capability
    • Upgraded crank damper to absorb torsional impacts due to increased combustion pressure
    • Improved head and main cap fasteners for increased clamp load capability
    • Billet steel main caps for improved strength
    • Ethanol sensor and upgraded fuel rail and injectors for improved fuel flow to support E85 fuel (C170)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  5. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

By the way, people, "cylinder pressure" is measured as "BMEP" which is brake mean effective pressure.
    There are many pressures acting against the piston face. What BMEP does is take the average of the resultant over time.
    The "brake" means it is measured against a braking force (dynamometer) as it is far too expensive to try to accurately recreate a set of real-world circumstances to effectively and repeatably measure the effective pressure of a cylinder over time.

Also, the "HP" we are quoted for car is also "brake horsepower" for the same reason. At some point the "b" in "bhp" was dropped.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  6. Moparisto

Opinion: no matter how much they charge for the car, you will see its value increase, especially over time and if you NEVER EVER EVER EVER drive it.

7. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

Why spend the money on a car if you are planning on buying it for investment purposes only (volatile).

8. Moparisto

Why buy a stock or other investment?

9. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The teaser image reminds me of this guy from the Leprechaun movie.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  10. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member