Active exhaust options

Discussion in 'Challenger HellCat Forum Engine & Performance' started by FrankenMax, Feb 13, 2020.

1. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

Let’s discuss exhaust shall we? When I had my scat pack I did a mid muffler delete. It sounded good but I was never a fan of the active exhaust. I got bored yesterday and deleted my Hellcat. I haven’t played with an active exhaust bypass yet on any of my cars. A few weeks ago I was getting gas and a scat pack pulled in. When he was pulling in could hear a very prominent rattle. I stepped over and spoke with the owner. He told me he had an active bypass that was annoying. We spoke about the installation. I thought it might be coming loose. He dropped down on the ground and proved they where tight. I’m not going to bash any products. However I will say this, the manufacturer is a popular one among Dodge enthusiasts. So back to yesterday after I finished welding and took the car for a drive I got to thinking about my options. I was looking at a ZA Tazer, it will bypass the active exhaust I’m told. But I have my reservations about playing with the electronics in these cars. If I’m going to start playing around I’m going to dive into turning. I’ve never turned a gas supercharged car. I’ve only messed with Diesels and that was almost 18 years ago. So I slept on it and woke up this morning still pondering my options. I did one last search and came up with a product that I think will fit the bill for me. I found a product that is CNC machined anodized aluminum from Khaos Motorsports. They can be remote mounted anywhere on the car if I so choose. This is nice if ever decided to replace the entire exhaust. The cost is the same as the thin water jetted pice I seen on the scat pack. For a buck fifty I pulled the trigger on it. I figure there’s no real risk of damage to my cars electrical system. If I don’t like it I’ll pull it off and order a full exhaust and remote mount them. The point is there are several products out there that can preform the same function. The question is how well can they do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. KEVIN DONOVAN

KEVIN DONOVAN Full Access Member

Back in the day, we used mechanical dump valves in the exhaust but they only gave you a choice between your full exhaust system and straight, open headers. Nowadays, if you used that same setup (only electronically controlled) I would think you'd have a hard time getting anything more than noise from it since the engine wouldn't be tuned for open exhaust.