Air Bag Light & Another Odd Question

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by cddroid, Jan 29, 2012.

1. cddroid

cddroid Member

Just purchased a base model 2012 Challenger. Two days later noticed the air bag light comes on, stays on, goes off, repeatedly and seemingly for no reason (that I can figure out). Took it back to dealership & they think it may be the driver's seatbelt tensioner - part ordered, they'll call me when it comes in. This was on Thurs, Jan 26th. This weekend, Sat Jan 28th, noticed that when entering the vehicle (I'm sitting in driver's seat, passenger door still locked), any my hubby pulled on the passenger side door handle, the right turn signal flased twice - never noticed that before and wasn't able to get it to do the same thing today.

Question - Has anyone experienced these or similar issues with their Challengers?

1st Time Dodge Owner

2. heminit

heminit Full Access Member

Never had those issues with my 2011. Please keep us informed.

BTW, Welcome to ChallengerForum!

3. cddroid

cddroid Member

Thanks, Heminit! As for the turn signal flashing when the passenger door handle was grabbed, I'm now thinking maybe I bumped the turn signal lever just enough to make it flash 3 times (but I only noticed it flashing twice). Let's call that my Blonde moment, and hope it's nothing else! :) I'll post back after the part comes in and let you know about that. Love your Lime Green Challenger btw!

4. wesalbert

wesalbert Full Access Member

Only problems I have had was the sunroof didn't close once, and my tire pressure sensors kept tripping a warning.
    The sunroof was taken to the dealer (replaced a module or something) .
    The tire pressure monitors I took back 3 times. They kept putting new sensors in the wheel. It would just keep tripping a warning.
    Since I have driven the car a few more miles than just around town, it hasn't given me a warning in about 1000 miles.

5. heminit

I prefer 'Green With Envy' for the color. :D Just jerking your chain. It is hard to see the indicator for all 3 blinks. When I first discovered it blinked 3 times when quickly activated and released I would try to see it happening while changing lanes. I finally just accepted that it did, but, I never saw more than two blinks.

6. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

If you bump the turn signal or tap it up/down it automatically flashes twice. It is for lane changing so you don't have to hold the signal lever. Also WELCOME and enjoy your new ride.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  7. TandK2012Challenger

TandK2012Challenger New Member

Airbag light

I'm also having the same issue with my 2012 SXT Plus.
    I have an appointment with the dealership service department tomorrow.
    I will post the finding here hopefully tomorrow when it's fixed.
    They say they need it for 3 hours and will give me a rental car for the day.

8. heminit

Good luck with your dealer appointment, let us know the outcome. BTW, welcome to ChallengerForum! You should drop in here and post so everyone will know you joined.

9. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Hope they find the problem and fix it for you. Also welcome to the site. Show some pics of your ride.

10. bobbi

bobbi New Member

2012 Challenger passenger side airbag light

My light has been going on and off for the last month. Mostly on with the alarm dinging everytime it goes on and off.
    It has been in the shop for two days now and they still haven't looked at it.
    Starting to get mad.
    I will let you know what they finally find wrong.