Air Hawk Compressor

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, Mar 16, 2019.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member Article Writer

I just ordered an Air Hawk compressor. I looks like a good product that makes adding air to your tires super easy and convenient. I purchased it on E-Bay for only $29. I'll let you guys know how well it works.

Here is a video explaining how it operates.

Hopslayer likes this.
  2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT Full Access Member

Kind of cool, but yet another Battery.

I already have:
    Two different Snap-On Battery Chargers,
    3 different DeWalt
    Ridgid
    Ryobi

and Milwaukee
    Not to mention Motorola

If you lift the lid in the trunk, there is a compressor, that I have not had to use, yet :)

Air-Compressor.jpg

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I purchased four of these Air Hawks, they're not bad for quick and easy inflation of tires and other objects. I have a large Craftsman air compressor and a 100' recoiling air hose but it's a hassle pulling the line out about 25' and getting it around the car just to add a few PSI to each tire. With the Air Hawk you just walk around hit each tire. My one daughter saw me use it on her Grand Cherokee when she was home from North Carolina. She's single... so my Air Hawk went back with her. My son saw me use it to inflate a football for the grand kids. He's a high school football coach, so that one left with him, says it's great for checking and filling all their footballs during practices and before games. So, I'm on my third one now but bought a fourth for a brother who was complaining about how hard it's getting to find a place that has a air hose for public use. Either there was a line waiting to use the hose or the hose or machine didn't work. He says it's nice to do it in the garage instead of out in the weather. Not sure how well it would do filling a totally flat car tire but for adding air, it serves its purpose.

4. SRT-Tom

[QUOTE="B5blueRT, post: 16650, member: Not sure how well it would do filling a totally flat car tire but for adding air, it serves its purpose.[/QUOTE]

I saw a video on this. It was slow- took 7 minutes.

5. B5blueRT

I saw a video on this. It was slow- took 7 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I usually use it to pump tires from around 27 PSI back up to 33-34 psi. That's only been taking about a minute with 55 or 45 series tires.

6. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

I would have to try it out in my garage before actually forking over the money for it. I haven't had much luck with these kind of compressors. Thoughts on it anyone?

7. B5blueRT

Just like a Challenger, don't buy one of these for what it's not. Don't expect one of these to be like an air compressor with a tank. It will not fill as fast or handle high volume on one charge. It does have a 12 volt cable for using the car's battery. I think it would struggle to fill a flat tire from a Ram 1500 and take a long time to fill due to the volume of air needed. A truck tire (larger sidewall) has more volume to fill than a lower profile car tire.

8. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

since i have Ryobe rechargeable tools, I plan on getting that one, used a friends at the track last year and there was no problem adjusting pressures with it.

B5blueRT likes this.
  9. SRT-Tom

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  10. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

They have them at Walmart also...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk