Airaid Cold Air Intake Uses Stock Flex Tube

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by David Ahluwalia, Apr 14, 2021.

1. David Ahluwalia

David Ahluwalia Member

I'm noticing that Airaid used the stock tube with the corrugated flex that is supposed to cause turbulence, but yet many have recorded performance gains and sound improvements. So what gives? Can I get more gain from a K&N with a smooth tube? I like the Airaid breathe blue's bigger filter but what's the best for my money? What do you think one of the other or either?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  2. Bacon Sandwich

Bacon Sandwich Full Access Member

I went with the JLT after reading reviews from various places. Pretty much what I saw was they all have smooth tubes and they all have the same open box for the most part so it's really the brand and look you like. Because it's not out everyday I also went with the standard paper filter instead of the oiled type. I had a closed box Airaid in my 2015 Mustang and it got tons of compliments at shows but I see no difference between closed and open in use. I do like the polished tubes but the cost wasn't worth it just for looks.

filter2.jpg

Filter.jpg

Wizard of Iz likes this.
  3. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

I put the Mopar T/A-style CAI in my 2015 SRT 392. I like that it makes the center hood scoop functional as well as drawing air from the inner headlight.

And I will quickly admit that the main reason I installed it was for the appearance. Because if the CAI actually produced an increase in HP, then Dodge would have rated the T/A model with a higher HP rating than a SRT 392 or a R/T Scat Pack. Yet, they all have he same 485 HP rating.

IMG_4062.jpeg