Amsoil Surprise

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by Hopslayer, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

We carry many Amsoil products where I work, so I looked into what it would cost me for their Signature Series 5w-20, which is recommended for my car. I was surprised to see that after my employee discount, 6 quarts would cost me around $45.00. That's less than what Royal Purple cost me at Walmart. Think I will try the Amsoil next time. Hard to pass up at that price.

Clazar likes this.
  2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

with a v6 you don't need that high end oil, Pennzoil is the recommended oil for that, its what i use in my Ram(hemi) and my wife's Cherokee (v6) can get that at Walmart for $24 a 5qt jug.

unless you start changing out internals and all that , you be wasting you money, Now I use the amsoil synthetic trans fluid in my RT. haven't had no problems.

after I retired from 23 years of teaching, I worked at Autozone for about 2 years, there was no way in hell I was going to buy any oil from them as we didn't get a discount on oil, and at $35 a jug for mobil1, I went to Walmart to by mine.

Clazar and Hopslayer like this.