Any suggestions for a Mopar service shop in Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by Michael B, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Michael B

Michael B New Member

I've called five or six Dodge dealers trying to find someone interested in servicing my brand new 2018 Scat Pack Shaker. I need a catch can installed (and no, I'm too clueless to do it myself), and who knows what other mods or upgrades I might want to entertain. These dealers are all either clueless or disinterested! I run a dealership of another brand, so I'm a dealer advocate. But they have to be interested...

Any suggestions? Thanks for any and all feedback...

IMG_5586.PNG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

There not interested because it’s not factory service work. It’s a ten minute installation. If your that worried about your warranty just take it off before it goes in the shop. I’m sorry, I fail to see the benefits of a dealership installation. I voided my warranty in the first thousand miles. But they gotta prove it in court. I put a skip shift eliminator in, oil catch can, removed the clutch pedal defuser, removed the mufflers and welded in straight pipe. I did all this just so the car drove and sounded the way it should. Oh and I put a Barton shifter in as well. That stock piece of junk will never go back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael B and BurntRT like this.
  3. BurntRT

BurntRT Active Member

That color is bad a$$!!! Some Dealers are there just to sell car, not maintain a relationship with the buyer. The dealership where I bought my used RT Redline was awful, but they had the car I wanted. If I could have found another one I would have paid an extra grand if that' what it took to not give them a dime of my money.

Michael B likes this.
  4. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

I have been dealing with my dealer for over 20 years, have bought 19 vehicles form them except my challenger, I drove 1300 miles to by my 2009 used RT cause I got a dam good deal. but my home dealer will still give me a loaner for when my car has to go into the shop for what ever reason. As far as catch cans go, all it is is a can separating the PCV system line, it just goes in between, like others have said, it is a 10 minute install, I cant believe you bought this car without know anything about cars. I know some do but most folks know how to do basic maintenance on a car. so there may be some wrenching to along with that. dont go to a dealer to do anything that mods the car!!!

5. Michael B

Michael B New Member

Did I say I don't know anything about cars, or that I run a dealership? I've been in the car business 32 years, I would just prefer to find a technical expert to work on my car... jeez.

6. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

I would think after 32 years of dealing with cars you would have made a friend or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  7. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Well I am sorry that you got the wrong impression, but you really didn’t give any background to your experience. But as Frank just said, I agree with him... I have been messing with cars since the 70s and at 62 and where I live, I have made a few connections with folks that still do it for a living. I started out as a tire buster and moved up the chain of mechanic work(dealers and parts houses) for a good while till I got an education degree and taught school for 23 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk