Back in the Saddle!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by MoparMadness, Jul 4, 2021.

1. MoparMadness

MoparMadness Active Member

Just picked up my 2021 Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body. She's black with Ruby Red Alcantara Seats and loaded with options. Not sure how smart it was to get her all gussied up option wise, but my wife and son fell in love so I took her home. I have had many Vipers and Shelby Mustangs over the years, but I must say, there is something magical about the way these Scat Packs move out. The start up note is incredible and the track modes make it fun. I'm a manual guy, but the 8 speed TorqueFlight was irresistible. Anyway, looking forward to the forums, sharing and learning along the way!

2021 Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
    R/T Scat Pack Widebody ATX-24N
    Pitch Black with Ruby Red Alcantara Interior
    Shaker Package
    Plus Package
    Interior Appearance Group
    Technology Group
    Carbon-Suede Interior Package
    Driver Convenience Group
    Power Sunroof
    Alpine Audio Group 9 Speaker 506 watts
    TorqueFlite 8 Speed Automatic Transmission
    Uconnect 4C Navigation
    20-inch x11.0-inch Carbon Black Aluminum Wheels
    Locking Lug Nuts
    Red Brake Calipers

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8393.jpg

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_8385.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Wow!! I really like those 2 tone seats. The whole package loaded with options is sweet! The seats will be perfect in that FL summer heat instead of solid black.
    I bought my new 2020 R/T Shaker last November all loaded up too. The list was $48,550 and I did wonder a bit if all the options were worth it. I stuck to my guns and got everything I wanted with none of the 'I wish I got that" later. I'm sure you will be pleased with your decision too. I bet your car listed close to $60k, and if you keep it awhile, it will be worth every penny.
    Enjoy :driver: and thanks for posting some photos. :33:

MoparMadness and secbriselli like this.
  3. secbriselli

secbriselli Member

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoparMadness likes this.
  4. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Very nice!!

5. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Curious whether you considered a pre owned Hellcat with remaining warranty?

MoparMadness likes this.
  6. MoparMadness

Given the 64K window sticker I probably could have bought a used Hellcat, but given the recent pricing and the fact that so many of them are hammered on a regular basis, I just wanted to have a fresh experience. The Scat is reasonably well mannered with the 305's and wide body suspension upgrades and still quite fast. No doubt I probably have one of the highest priced Scats in the country, but I like the options it has. I realize that financially, it may have been wiser to buy a more moderately priced Scat, but so be it. The family loves it, especially my wife and son.
    PS- In Fort Lauderdale one of the dealerships is marking them up 40K (can't imagine they are getting it, while most are 5-10K. Mine had an addendum for 10K, but that did not happen!

2021 Challenger Scat Pack Window Sticker.jpg

WIDEBODY392 and NC20RT like this.
  7. NC20RT

^^ I agree about buying NEW. You got to choose what you wanted instead of the prior owner and obviously there are no doubts about the possibility of abuse.
    I thought I was over the top being $14k above the basic R/T but you are $24k above the base price of the Scat Pack. I'd love to see an example with more options than yours. It may not exist. Even though the thought of selling is the furthest thing from both our minds, these highly optioned examples are the type that buyers enjoy finding, and are willing to pay extra for. You see that with all the classic muscle at the auctions, unless you are at the other end of the spectrum with a lightweight drag strip type ride. Enjoy!!:happy160:

MoparMadness likes this.
  8. MoparMadness

I hope I do get more than the average price in the event I decide to go Hellcat in a few years. Most of the dealers seem to equip them in the 55K range. Some more, some less and a few at 43K which is base plus an automatic and one or two small options. We will see. What do you guys think about Black? I really wanted Go Mango, but my brother in law has a scat in that color and wifey thought that would be too weird. Feedback welcome

9. secbriselli

secbriselli Member

The black is SHARP. It’s a really beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WIDEBODY392, NC20RT and MoparMadness like this.
  10. NC20RT

I really like black too. The only negative is being in FL with black. That body, if left outside in July or August, :eek: Been there done that during my past FL life.
    Go Mango might be a bit much if no accents to break up the color. That's how my wife and I felt about it, however with the Shaker package that included so many black accents (gas cap, spoiler, etc...), no problem. We added the black stripe option for $395 as well. It was a MUST for us if getting the Go Mango. Everyone has a different perspective on it, just sharing ours.

small (2).JPG small (3).JPG small (1).JPG

WIDEBODY392 and Wm TPA SXT like this.