Best Lug Nuts

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Feb 20, 2023.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Great info Tom, thanks.
    I never knew ALUMINUM lug nuts were manufactured. The soft metal could lead to stripping or rounding off plus corrosion due to dissimilar metals, etc.
    Who would have thought this was a good idea? Maybe Bud Wiser after too many beers. LOL

3. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

[​IMG]
    What makes McGard better? McGard Tough Nuts are designed to last for life.

No chipping, peeling or rusting. Guaranteed to keep on shining for years. Our Tough Nuts are manufactured in the U.S.A. to meet the highest O.E.M. standards for safety and durability. They’re triple-nickel chrome plated for lasting beauty by our experienced staff using our own in-house plating technology. Every one is backed by a written lifetime guarantee. Compare our features and performance to our competition’s product, or just ask our customer. You’ll see why more people choose McGard.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

McGard also makes quality lug nuts. So does Gorilla.

5. baccaruda

I sell both and I personally like the mcgard lug nuts better just because of there customer service , when a customer miss places there puzzle key to there locking lugs no questions asked they send me one and they are made in the good old USA, verses mexico. the gorilla lug nuts are priced a little cheaper than mcgard . i buy in bulk also. they both hold a wheel on.

6. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I got 3 different brands for my car, for a total of 12 unusual lug nuts per car.
    upload_2023-2-22_17-22-2.png
    There is no way any tire thief is going to even look twice at my car.

7. baccaruda

Unless the thief has a puzzle key lug nut remover socket ? I have one in case the customer has misplaced or lost his or her key. that is smart you installed your locking lugs as close to 6 o'clock from the other locking lug nut. a lot of people do not realize with TPMS sensor's your suppose to place the locking lug opposite of the valve stem to equal out the balance of the tire to composite for the sensor behind the tire valve. back in the day Ford motor company for many years before the sensor days on there aluminum wheels came from the factory with the puzzle key locking lug nut per wheel and a 1/4 ounce wheel weight installed after the tire balance opposite of the locking lug nut to help finish balancing tire out.

Moparisto likes this.
  8. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I have the lightest of them all beside the McGard, which is the heaviest.
    Oh, and no one has ever tried to steal my wheels. :D

baccaruda likes this.