Brake howl noise

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by mbrun, Jan 1, 2018.

1. mbrun

mbrun Member

I have brake noise issues and I’m wondering if this will be a warranty fix and curious if anyone else has has had this. My 2015 R/T has only 18,000 miles. Applying the brakes will sometimes produce a loud howl for the first couple applications. Not like brake squeak you usually hear. And, while I drive it like a sports car should be driven, I don’t exactly punish the engine, drivetrain and brakes. Seems l have had this from very early on. At first the howl would appear after sitting for a several hours or more and, with high humidity, I thought it was just stripping off mild surface rust on the rotors. Now it seems to do it more frequently.

2. Crazy55rider

Crazy55rider Full Access Member

I’d say good luck my dealer said basically “ these care are made to be driving and you probably worped your discs or got some hot spots on it”. See me right front brake sequels, pads on that side wore out 50% faster. I told them the brake system seams to be engaging more but the computer they hooked up to it said otherwise. Go figure. Haven’t seen a recall yet or service bulletin.