Car alarm

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Tillman7777, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Tillman7777

Tillman7777 Member

Probably talked about in the pass however... Recently moved from an area where my car was no where near the main drag to parking 20 feet from the main drag.... Factory alarm was okay probably then... Not now.. Been looking at alarms. My R/T has remote start, keyless entry and etc.. Looking to augment my factory setup.. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I installed a Ravelco anti-theft device on my SRT, 9 years ago, and I highly recommend it.

The device was invented 43 years ago to prevent expensive construction vehicles from being stolen in Texas and driven to Mexico. Since 1976, no vehicle with this system installed has ever been stolen. It is very simple, but effective and is impervious to high-tech computer hacks.

This hard-wired device consists of a removable 16 pin male plug, a hidden armored steel cable, and camouflaged wire connections which disrupt circuits to the fuel or injector pump, the ignition circuit, the starter circuit and the PCM. Without the plug (which has 100,000 combinations) inserted into the female base, you cannot start the car, even using your keyfob.

All electrical connections are made in the engine compartment of the vehicle and are connected in and through the factory wiring harnesses. Since there are no exposed wires, a properly-installed RAVELCO is virtually impossible to detect and very time consuming to trace, even for a Ravelco technician, because all the wires are the same color (black).

Check out their web site.

http://www.ravelco.com/

Ravelco.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019