Challenger R/T 1320

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Jul 21, 2018.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Cool, but I was hoping they would bring back the CUDA,
    but I guess that isn't going to happen since the Plymouth Brand name is no more.

Charging you for the AUTO, so does that mean the manual is no-charge?

And they still have the Speedo/Tach backwards :facepalm:
    Think I would rather just get a Wipple if I want to get into the 11's
    https://www.moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/17239/17247

speedos.jpg

3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

its back to manual is standard equipment like long ago, and the auto trans is optional and cost more.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Since the majority of Challenger owners buy automatics, it is another way to increase profits.

As a side note, did you ever wonder why you cannot get a 6-speed manual in a Charger even though it shares a large portion of its chassis structure with the Challenger? Well, there are still some significant differences under the skin due to the Challenger's shorter wheelbase and two-door coupe body shell. One of the differences is the floor pan, the huge chunk of sheet metal that makes up the floor of the car and props up such essential items as the car's seats.

The Charger was crash tested and approved by the government, in 2006 (two years before Challenger), with a floor stamping that could only accomodate an automatic transmission. Which means that it would need to be completely recertified for sale in the US, with new crash tests included, if Dodge decided to offer it with a manual. That's an expensive proposition, especially considering how few manual models Dodge would ever sell.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018