Challenger RT 5.7L vs Camaro SS 6.2L

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by jeffrey.jenkins, Dec 5, 2017.

1. jeffrey.jenkins

jeffrey.jenkins Member

So this weekend I found myself racing a modded Camaro SS 6.2L and it didn’t go to well.

I definitely need some mods suggestions from you guys so I can bounce back from this embarrassment. Thanks in advance.

- Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jgams

Jgams Member

First off - the Camaro has you outgunned on horsepower and on weight. You were set up to lose before the match even started due to the laws of physics.

Camaro Challenger
    455 hp 375 hp
    3747 lbs 4190 lbs

Next time find something in your own weight and hp class

3. Eagle1450

Eagle1450 Full Access Member

Trade the R/T in for a Hellcat and ask for a rematch.

4. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

The only suggestion that I would respectfully make is to pick a fight that you can win or at least fight to a draw. The SS Camaro is a screamer in its own right. It outclasses the 5.7 Hemi in weight and horsepower. Anyone paying attention could have predicted the outcome. I am the proud owner of a 2016 R/T in 5.7 Hemi 6 speed trim and I would never take on an SS Camaro like this. Please do not get me wrong......The Challenger is a great car and to me it is an icon from my long ago youth, as in back in the day muscle car fanatic. I respected Mopar's competition then and now. I love my Challenger, its Dodge and Plymouth cousins but I have always had a healthy respect for the Ford and Chevy counterparts of past and present.

Good luck out there.

5. Diehard

Diehard Full Access Member

As already kind of indicated but not stated outright, the Camaro SS without any mods would easily outmatch an R/T.
    In fact the closer match would be with an SRT or Scat Pack. Stock to stock the Camaro is typically a bit faster on average.

6. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

Stage 3 Scat Pack package from the dealership.