Challenger RT Shaker mpg.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by BrianandChrissy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. BrianandChrissy

BrianandChrissy Active Member

Yes, if you use the cruise control religiously, these cars kick butt in the mpg department! This picture was taken at safe speed on nys thruway in 65 mph zone by my son. P.S. This was taken as i got off at an exit ramp...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

We will observe 25-26 mpg highway in our 2016 R/T 5.7 Hemi 6 speed manual. At 80 mph in 6th gear the tach is registering 1800 rpm with a 3.90 gear ratio. With a 5800 rpm redline there is a lot more muscle to be had from the Purple Thing. Most of our driving is over mixed terrain to include high mountain passes in the 11000-12000 feet above sea level range. Many paved highways in Colorado get that high. A high mountain valley or park such as South Park will average 8500-9000 feet on relative flat ground...Check out U.S. 24 or U.S. 285 through South Park. I have yet to test the fuel economy over really flat ground like across Kansas. I expect a very good mpg in a place like that. All of this good mpg sort of goes away when I open it up and let it loose.

BrianandChrissy likes this.