Check engine light

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by Nawalins, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Nawalins

Nawalins Member

I have a 2014 R/T Plus with auto transmission and 42K miles. I left my house to go get something for supper. I had driven about a mile when I engaged my cruise control. Immediately, the "check engine" light came on and the car started to slow down, even though I had tried to accelerate. I seemed as though the transmission failed. While still in motion, I shifted to neutral for a few seconds then shifted back to "drive". This had no effect. So, I tried it again, and the car seemed to operate normally. What I need to know, is how to check for the trouble code(s). Do I have to take my car someplace, or is there a method I can perform myself to get the codes? TIA

2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Damn computers.......

I would highly recommend picking up at least a code reader/clearer
    But a tuner that also also clears codes will be your best friend these days.
    Most all auto parts stores will hook it up for free and show you the codes, but I have found most codes a place to start looking, but rarely help you.
    Your problem will more than likely require a trip to the dealer.

Nawalins likes this.
  3. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

I get random CODES-P0430--P2098 cleared it and it stayed off for two months.
    I had installed the MPG tune, and blamed the tune
    Then it popped back again so I cleared it and went back to the CAI-91 Octane tune. Funny, I get more HP and better gas mileage with the CAI-91 Octane tune.

I need to take it in, but not affecting performance or gas mileage, so not too worried about it and I hate taking it to the dealer.
    FYI: 6-speed car so the damn computer can't mess with me, at least now that I got rid of the stupid Skip-Shift solenoid.

CODES-P0430--P2098.jpg

Nawalins likes this.