Class Action Suit Dismissed

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by SRT-Tom, Sep 18, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

A Dodge class action lawsuit has been dismissed over 2014-2019 SRT Challengers and Chargers allegedly equipped with faulty rear differentials.

According to the Dodge class action lawsuit, the rear differentials cannot handle the torque loads of the engines and transmissions during acceleration. This wears out the differentials and causes failures of the ring gears, pinion gears, differential housings and axles.

The six owners who sued, allege Fiat Chrysler (FCA) knew the rear differentials were defective when the Dodge Chargers and Challengers were sold. Not only were the cars not safe for public roads, but the vehicles allegedly couldn't cope with track driving.

The class action alleges metal shavings contaminate the differential oil which increases friction and heat. This allegedly wears out the differential components and causes axle failures. Based on documents filed for the lawsuit, the rear differentials can allegedly explode and send shrapnel into the undercarriage areas.

For full details, read the following article:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/...-lawsuit-dismissed-chargers-challengers.shtml

2. SFCR

SFCR Full Access Member

I bet Stellantis is happy! I hope these guys amend their complaints. Stellantis has already paid out millions in fines for fraud and some of their employees have been finally criminally charged for defrauding the US Government and wire fraud. I agree that Dodge knew about this beforehand. I’m also sure they knew about some other issues plaguing Stellantis vehicles but they won’t own up. I’m working on filing some papers as well, but a Class Action won’t get me enough.

3. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

:facepalm::Pshyco::shrug::whymewhyme:

4. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

:think::wtf::snoopfacepalm::shrug::yucky::facepalm::whymewhyme::wtf2::uhoh2::owned:

5. Green with Envy

Green with Envy Full Access Member

I call BS on your reply about the class action law suit. Looks to me that you are just like these SIX idiots that filed this stupid unwarranted lawsuit just to make a pocket full of money on a bogus claim. There are manyTHOUSANDS of CHALLENGERS and CHARGERS on the road and here you have SIX A...holes with two of the A...holes not even claiming to personally have a problem getting a two bit ambulance chasing so called lawyer to file BS lawsuit for monetary gain. Now on the other hand if there had been a couple of thousand differential explosions and complete failures it would hold up and be a warranted Class action lawsuit! I applaud the Judge for throwing their goofy lying butts out other curb. I cannot stand winners that try to take advantage of the law and court system not to mention wasting taxpayers money with BS lawsuits.

Hopslayer and HellKitten like this.
  6. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

There would be a significant more complaints and warrantied claims than 6 if it was due to manufacturer defects..

Green with Envy and stingray like this.