Clutch-CDV restrictor

Discussion in 'Challenger SE Engine and Performance Modifcations' started by 2010RT, Oct 17, 2019.

1. 2010RT

2010RT Full Access Member

Has anyone with a manual transmission tried removing the CDV restrictor. Apparently the clutch delay valve limits the fluid flow to the clutch. There are several videos on Youtube showing it being done.
    Just curious more then anything.

2. 2010RT

2010RT Full Access Member

Sooo, I was a little board last night and did a bit more reading on other forums etc....and decided to give it a try.
    Not the easiest thing to get to but relatively easy to do. Once done I pump the clutch the recommended 200+ Times to bleed any air through and then went for a test drive. I definitely found quicker clutch response and less lag until it engaged. The shift does seem a bit less notchy as well. I think with the restrictor gone there is definitely more fluid pushing the through out bearing quicker.
    I’m not saying this is the right thing to do but I am saying I like the result. I’m not going to copy and post from other forums or YouTube but if interested just Google Challenger CDV delete and you’ll get lots of info.
    :driver::driver::driver: