Coolant Issue

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by rtchallenger12, Sep 12, 2017.

1. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

Got my coolant flushed at Valvoline back in March (if I remember right) because it was low and I wanted to make sure it was fresh. However, every time I fill it up to the "Cold Fill" section, within about a day or two it's right back down where it was before.
    Any ideas? I have zero leaks, no coolant smell, temp Gauge stays half way (does move up and down quite a bit, like I've never seen on another car) and all hoses look perfectly fine.
    Wondering if they just didn't fill it up all of the way? Even though I filled it up myself with almost an entire jug of ZEREX Coolant, and it's still not enough? Very bizarre to me..
    Thanks.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

So did you fill it up again? Maybe they didn't put enough in or didn't run it through the system before giving you the car.

3. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

That's what I'm wondering, air bubbles in the system perhaps? Have you noticed any fluctuation in temperature?

4. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

As stated before, it was low a couple days after getting it flushed so I filled it up to the "Cold Fill" line and a few days later it went back down. I've topped it off twice since getting it changed.
    I don't notice a huge change in temp, but the needle will go up and down (never goes passed one notch to the left of half) about 1-2 notches randomly.
    If it hasn't been filled completely, then I don't mind to keep topping it off until it's filled and stays filled. I have plenty of the Zerex. I'm just worried that there's more to it..