Cooling fans ?

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by nitrovette, Oct 19, 2021.

1. nitrovette

nitrovette Member

When my car ran hot the shop said both fans failed only had 43000 miles. Has anyone had problems with there’s going out this soon ?

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Anything is possible but I question BOTH fans failing at the same time. I would think a fan relay or electrical connector could cause this especially if one relay connects to both fans. (I'm not sure on our Challengers.)
    Maybe your shop found one fan defective but replaced both as a safe guard. (??)

3. nitrovette

nitrovette Member

They said they jumped out the fans because a relay was blowing as soon as they replaced it and that the fans were making a terrible noise . I never had a problem with them but ran my a/c always wondering if the a/c was the only one working because I was not using my a/c this day and heard a loud noise just before this all happened .

4. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Did your shop have any explanation? Sounds very suspicious to me. As B5 said I find it hard to believe both fans giving out at once
    Did they check the wire harness?

5. nitrovette

nitrovette Member

Ok they installed new fans both are running now but the overflow resavoir stated filling up again turned out the thermostat was all crapped up replaced it car runs find now .