DIY Exterior mods...

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by genotex, Nov 29, 2011.

1. genotex

genotex Full Access Member

Let's see... so far... 'exterior' ...

Changed badges in the front to reflect retro 'challenger' script and relocated the 'challenger' to the driver's side, and SRT to the passenger side.

Front strut tower brace... easy install... less than one half hour.

K&N drop-in air filter. (Hard to beat this MoPar set-up... it's already a pure-cold-air-(forced)-intake.) Just allow a freer flow of air with the K&N.

About to get in the mail thanks to one of the sponsors of the site:
    Catch can set-up... will post up later on that install. Thanks 213 Auto!

In the rear, webelectric sequentials let those behind me (most everybody!)
    know when I plan on moving over into their direct line of sight :). Not too tough on the install... the webelectric part was great... the hardest part of this install is removing the rear taillight assembly from the trunklid. Takes a bit of 'oomph' and a couple of guys to 'break' the factory seal there. Did on my car anyway... others chime in here. Other than the extra oomph, the whole install was less than one hour. Great product. Good service. Good company. And I can vouch that they do NOT blink 'too fast'... they are 'just right' in their timing.

Mud flaps (or by whatever other name you want to use)... :)
    Mine are the MoPar and they fit great... but the pre-drilled holes do not match up for a mount in the center hole, so you have to do a little drilling yourself. Even with that, it's less than two hours in your garage, taking your time. (Any extra for removal of your wheels, use your own watch! )

2. walnetto

walnetto Full Access Member

Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) (not DIY, the rest are) - Chrome Clad R/T 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - Mopar Nose Badge - Front Fender Extensions - RPI Stealth Splash Guards - Boyo rear camera - K&N Drop in Filter - DRL activated - Webelectric Sequential Tail Lights - relay to turn off license plate light when backing up at night so the light won't blind my camera. Working on my mod page on my website. Mods Page

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Genotex - You have any pics of the new emblem? I love the sequential turning lights, good choice!

walnetto - How does that magnaflow sound? Have you made any videos of it?

4. genotex

genotex Full Access Member

Sure thing...

[​IMG]

Attached Files: