Does anyone sell challenger hood engine size badges/decals ?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by Model maker, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

I would like to find some engine size badges like we had in the 60-70s. I would like to have the engine size be in American English such as 440 magnum- 426 hemi etc. What size IS a 5.7 for example ? I would like to translate the engine size of the Challenger R/T . I just think it looks better than 5.7.
    Bert

2. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

Like these?
    [​IMG]

I had these made 2 years ago. I think the company was named Custom Auto Emblems.

I think Danko also used to make some

345 cubic inches is 5.6535371 liters

5.7 liters is exactly 347.83534 cubic inches

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  3. Model maker

I like those A LOT . mine says HEMI in black letters with the silver trim, The RED will really stand out on the white hood. It looks GREAT on your plum crazy purple. How are the factory HEMI badges attached to the hood on the 2013 challengers ?

4. Model maker

5. Model maker

What year of Challenger is that ? tell me about the modifications to your Challenger please. I like what it looks like under the hood, is that a Mopar cold air system ? The emblems you have are exactly what I want to have on mine, do you have a different exhaust system ?
    beautiful Plum crazy purple challenger you have there ! Great picture backrounds by the way. This is getting to be a lot of fun, making the custom changes to our Challengers ! What are you planning next for your challenger ?
    Bert

6. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

It is a 2010. Yes, it is a Mopar cold air, but I painted the tube. For exhaust I did the Blastin' Bob's resonator delete..
    Thanks for the compliments.

Next I am getting the stripes painted on. I am going away from the flat black vinyl and doing something a little different. I will post when it is done, probably mid-summer.
    After that I am hoping to have enough saved for some new rubber and widening the rear rims to 10".

Telling all of the changes could make this post a book. This is easier
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3918876/2010-dodge-challenger-r-t/

7. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Emblems

The factory hood emblems are attached with 3M tape. Wait for a hot day or use a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and remove with monofilament fishing line.

8. Model maker

How is the residue that is left on the paint, what cleans it off ? Your challenger looks outstanding & in plumb crazy purple really stands out. I like the wood on the pistol grip shifter & that is what I want however, my console & radio stack trim has the black/silver carbon fiber trim just like the mopar pistol grip shifter But I DO like the wood & now not sure if I should stay with the theme of carbon fiber or do the wood. A lot of decisions here BUT, they are ALL great decisions to make.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

They come off pretty easily. Just wait for that hot day and leave it out there for a few hours. Pull of the emblem off with your fingers or use a screwdriver to start it, but of course be careful. When I have done it, I just used my fingers to get a grip on it and pulled it off, SLOWLY. Sometimes the 3m tape would stay on the paint, at the point, I would use my thumb and push/roll it off the paint(if that makes sense). After it is all off, you will need to use wax to get the residue off as the stickiness stays and you end up seeing that when dust gets on the car. Its all pretty easy, just takes a little time to get it done.

Another good method which I haven't done is using floss/fishing line. Here is a video I found on how to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saNP7cdFck

10. Model maker

Great video thanks for posting that.
    Bert