Driver door not sensing fingertips

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by JakeO, Aug 9, 2020.

1. JakeO

JakeO Member

Friday I come to my 15 challenger, put my fingers under the handle... nothing. The door doesn’t unlock. I the proceed to the passenger side door and it unlocks. ‘Talked to my friend at the dealership he said bring it to the dealership to run diagnostics on it. Could be a handle or a module. Sounds like a lot of money, has anyone else had this problem? Please help, I didn’t see anything on YouTube about this issue.

2. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Ive never heard of this issue and will be interested in hearing your outcome. Is your battery in the fob fairly new? Maybe try changing it before you take it in?

3. JakeO

JakeO Member

My battery’s are fairly new, neither fobs is working the driver’s door But work the passenger door fine. When washing the car I can get the lights to flash when spraying water at the passenger side Handle but nothing to the driver side.

I just spoke the dealership, they said probably a module in the door. Then has to be reprogrammed with both fobs. $300 $400 to do it

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. JakeO

JakeO Member

Well here’s the outcome to my door handle, I purchased a new door handle from Mopar parts online out of Arizona in the particular color of my car install that today and problem solved. $100 with shipping

5. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Always nice when you fix it yourself. Price was right.

6. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Your persistence paid off!