Fake Extended Warranty letters are non-stop.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by NC20RT, Jan 23, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

This Challenger is my first new car I have purchased in over 10 years. I bought the extended warranty for it at the dealership that keeps me good until 2028.
    In the 2+ months I have owned it I would guess I get an 'extended warranty' offer every other day from phony companies, especially those that say 'urgent' or 'your warranty is expiring' or 'final notice'. I can't imagine anyone falling for these rip-offs but apparently these outfits get enough people to pay to stay in business. I stopped by my dealership and brought some of the letters in to ask how they got my information. The manager said they get it from the state registration files. He says he gets them non-stop as well and the real company never sends anything in the mail afterwards.
    I wish the state would charge these companies some money for each registration they ask for. It's really criminal behavior. Why would anyone need duplicate coverage? They wouldn't pay anyway. Is this a relatively new issue these days and is it bad elsewhere? My other cars are so old now that maybe I just forgot.

2. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

I still get then on my 2012 Ram.......and my 2015 Challenger, both of which have extended or lifetime warranties thru chrysler that have yet to expire, and have even gotten some on the 2008 Silverado I traded in on the Ram in july 2012.

It's not all from the registration.....I also get calls on them on phone numbers that are not associated with any registration (think didn't have the number then).

A lot of it is random phone number spoofing or the shotgun method of mailers.....send out 10,000, maybe 10 will respond.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    NC20RT likes this.
  3. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

It wouldn't surprise me if the state DOES charge them....which is why it happens...they get money for the info, and they don't care what the person paying DOES with the info.

NC20RT likes this.