Favorite Drag Strip Event and Experience

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, Nov 26, 2020.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

When you go to the drag strip, what is your favorite event to watch- Super Stock, Pro Stock, Top Fuel Dragsters or Top Fuel Funny Cars? Also, what was your most memorable drag strip event?

I enjoy Pro Stock. My most memorable experience was watching Ronnie Sox, in his 426 Hemi 'Cuda, race Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins, in his 1970 427 Camaro. It was really special because I have always been a Mopar guy and my friend was a devout Chevy guy. (Note- Back then, these awesome cars were running in the mid-9s. Technology has really come a long way in the past 40 years).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Super Stock and Pro Stock... when cars were real cars. Altered Factory was okay to watch too.
    Most memorable event: ALL drag races in the summer where the girls wore tanktops and halter tops. :cool:

Once retired I always wanted to go to that Factory Stock Drag race held in Michigan every September but health issue have kept me grounded... oh yeah, then 2020 hit. Seems like a cool event to watch cars race like in the old days.

3. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Most Memorable at the TRACK?
    Standing along the fence at SIR in Seattle watching John Force Launch!
    The Feel and Smell is indescribable.

Most Memorable overall?
    Meeting and talking to Don Garlits
    https://garlits.com/

Most fun in the Pits, in the 90's:

Darrell.jpg

4. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Spent many happy times at the drag strips near where I lived outside of Philadelphia. Englishtown, Atco, Maple Grove...
    Loved attending Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Nationals. Loved attending club events at Atco and Englishtown. Doing my test and tune runs on my cars and bikes. But probably the most memorable was attending the Doug Foley Drag Racing School. A lot of fun and a little scary.

5. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I attended the SRT Experience at Englishtown in 2009. Great track. Too bad that it closed.

I also heard that Atco Raceway will be closing soon and the site turned into an auto auction. This track opened in 1960 and was the first dragstrip in New Jersey.

6. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

I taught both kids how to race at Englishtown.

7. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

71BC008C-4392-478B-8223-9595D0B353F8.jpeg 5EA984EF-60AF-4FB6-8645-006332C4087E.jpeg Pro stock has always been my favorite! I like going Byron IL it’s always a good time. I’m planning on going to Pomona CA next year but we shall see.

B5blueRT likes this.