Flexjet Factory Stock Showdown Speed Record

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by SRT-Tom, Mar 17, 2023.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Drag racer Joe Welch kicked off the season with a win at the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway in the Flexjet Factory Stock Showdown. Welch, driving his Joe Welch Racing Challenger Drag Pak, faced some tough competitors, including Chevrolet COPO Camaros and Ford Mustang Cobra Jets on his way to the finals.

In the final round, Welch was pitted against Aaron Stanfield, who drove his Janac Brothers Chevrolet COPO Camaro to the finals as the No.1 qualifier. Despite the challenge, Welch emerged victorious, running a 7.638-second pass at a Factory Stock Showdown speed record of 185.18 mph, defeating Stanfield’s 8.308 @ 134.70 after he shut off early.

Welch’s victory not only secured him the win but also set the speed record and earned him $1,000 for beating Stanfield, thanks to the Flexjet Factory Stock Showdown Bounty Program. He also collected $10,000 from the Direct Connection Drag Pak contingency program for his win.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Green with Envy likes this.
  2. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I remember when that was Pro Stock territory.
    I am a bit curious as to what one can do to one of these cars in the way of modifications.

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Yes, I used to watch Ronnie Sox, run his 1971 Pro-Stock HEMI 'Cuda in the 9s.

4. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

baccaruda likes this.
  5. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I was thinking of the Challenger Drag Pak-class cars, and these rules do note pertain to that class, as they specifically eliminate anything but Fords ore Chryslers.