GEICO Express

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, Mar 7, 2021.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Ten days ago, my wife ran over some construction debris that caused $2,200 in damages to the front end of her 2020 Hyundai Elantra.

To repair the car, we chose GEICO's express service and it was a great experience.

After I filed the claim, by telephone, the claims person asked if I wanted to use its express service. They use top quality body shops that offer a lifetime guarantee on the work.

When I arrived at the shop, there was a 2021 BMW 530i waiting for me through Enterprise (I had $50/day rental coverage). I simply dropped off the Elantra and picked it up 5 days later. The body work and paint were flawless. I would highly recommend their express service. It makes the entire process simple and super convenient.

https://www.geico.com/claims/autorepair/

ElantraDamage2.jpg

ElantraDamage3.jpg

CarDamage 003.JPG

BMW 001.JPG

NC20RT likes this.
  2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

:High 5: I have GEICO as well and that is very good to hear. I hope I don't need them but it's good to know. Thanks for the info.

3. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Nice write-up.

It's always good to hear there are companies still trying to do it the right way.

Thanks for sharing.

4. arizonajack

arizonajack Full Access Member

Wait until you see your rate increase. It's likely to be a surcharge against your policy for an at-fault accident. You'll be paying GEICO back that money for the next three years.

Happened to me. $1300 at fault claim. Nearly doubled my rates at next renewal. I dumped GEICO immediately. I knew I'd pay extra at another company for a while but GEICO wouldn't get the money.

5. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

GEICO tried that with me when all they did was answer my phone call to tell them i was in an accident.

It happened on private property, so no ticket (the other guy was at fault anyway), and the other insurance company paid for fixing my car and everyhting (dropped their guy cuz he never reported it).

Then they tried to double my rates.....I had new insurance (& better) within 48 hrs.

6. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

It was a collision claim with $500 deductible. Flying debris is exempt from surcharges. (i.e., no one is at fault). Also, GEICO is one of the insurance companies that has accident forgiveness for your first at fault claim.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021